Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter Wonderland, Enough is Enough!

I live in the White Hills of CT and we have had about SIX feet of snow since December 26th- no exaggeration!  That came in the form of four separate storms dropping over 13-16 inches each, and then 4 other storms in the 3-4 inch range.  The snow barely has a chance to melt so the walls of snow along our walkways, driveways and streets just keep building and building.


At least I get to take some really beautiful pictures from my bedroom balcony.  What a view.


 My deck has two staircases leading to the yard.  One of them has now become a huge pile of all the snow removed from the deck and the upper balcony off my bedroom.  From ground to the top of the pile is easily seven feet.  My dog Celtie hops up there and looks out on her domain, guarding against stray squirrels and brazen deer.








Blizzard Ella passed over the country the last few days, dumping 2 feet of snow in Chicago, but not much here in CT.  We only got about 3 inches of snow before it turned into sleet and then freezing rain.  A lot of planes are grounded, stranding my husband in Arizona.  (Poor guy).  I didn't want him traveling home in what is showing up today-freezing rain, which is making the roads and my yard a shiny ice rink (elevated on 2-3 feet or more of snow.) 
Now my dog is finally able to travel the full extent of the yard instead of the meager pathways I have shoveled for her.  Check this out.



I plan to sit by my gas fireplace and work on some writing projects including a few workshops I'm leading later this month and my book, The Empowered Bride.
Hope this entertains you! 

Stay safe.
Monica 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Monica--
Winter wonderland fits the scenery shots beautifully; AND the close-up of the inch of ice coating everything shows the dark underbelly of winter. Here's to knowing that, even now, we're moving towards those crocuses!

Elizabeth Kaye